Nutritional Healing in Johnson City, TN
They say that we are what we eat, and there is no doubt that the food we consume can greatly impact our health. Nutritional healing, which is a key part of holistic medicine and integrative medicine , is a program that focuses on treating and preventing conditions like obesity and high cholesterol with nutrition and a balanced diet.
To make an appointment with a nutritionist in Johnson City who specializes in nutritional healing, call (423) 482-8711 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.
Food Additives and Health
Some nutritional health specialists believe that additives present in many foods today such as hormones, dyes, and preservatives may be hurting us; migraines are said to be triggered by strong cheese and caffeine, while hormone imbalances may be exaggerated by high salt intake and artificial sweeteners.
Other health conditions triggered by food additives may include:
- Chronic fatigue
- High Cholesterol
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Digestive problems like constipation
Food and Wound Healing
It is also believed that certain foods may be able to help with wound healing; during the healing process, your body needs an increased number of calories as well as nutrients such as protein, vitamins A and C, and zinc in order to support your immune system.
Nutritional Healing Program in Johnson City
A nutritional healing program may include a custom clinical nutrition program that combines gradual diet modification and whole food supplements to provide the body with the nutrients it needs to help heal itself. To determine what nutrients you may be lacking, comprehensive blood work or saliva hormone tests can be performed.
Nutritional healing promotes replacing a diet of processed foods with whole and organic foods; whole foods are packed with nutrients, while organic foods are grown without the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. Foods that may be included in this integrated program include:
- Carrots, which may protect the body from free radical damage and boost immunity
- Onions, which may reduce symptoms of inflammation-related conditions like arthritis
- Tart cherries, which may reduce muscle soreness and strengthen the immune system
- Pineapple, which may reduce painful inflammation in muscle injuries like sprains and strains
- Dairy or beans, which are rich in protein
- Strawberries, which are rich in vitamin C
- Cantaloupe, which is rich in vitamin A
- Read meats or fortified cereals, which are rich in zinc
- Oatmeal and peas, which are both rich in fiber, can contribute to digestive health
Nutritional supplements used in nutritional healing may include:
- Vitamin D, which may support bone and brain health
- Probiotics, which help improve digestive health and may also boost immune function
- Curcumin, which may improve conditions like arthritis, heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and neurodegenerative disease like Alzheimer's
- Magnesium, which may contribute to energy production, muscle relaxation, and metabolism of toxic heavy metals
You may be able to see results of nutritional healing within 4-6 weeks. It is believed that healthy eating and meeting your body's nutritional needs may induce the following changes over the course of about 6 months:
- Reduced appetite
- Increased energy
- Improved sleep
- Healthier skin
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved focus
- An overall improvement in the way you feel and look
Nutritional healing takes a preventive approach. With a balanced, healthy diet tailored to your needs, you may be able to prevent the onset of obesity, which can contribute to heart disease, sleep apnea, arthritis, and gallstones. Healthy amounts of vitamins D and vitamin B12 may also prevent bone disease and nerve damage, respectively.
Request You Nutritional Healing Consultation Today!
Nutritional healing may be able to provide you with the necessary food and supplements needed to treat and prevent a number of conditions, such as heart disease and arthritis. To learn more about nutritional healing in Johnson City, call (423) 482-8711 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center
Address1604 Lamons Lane
Johnson City, TN 37604
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm