Colloidal Silver IV Therapy in Altamonte Springs, FL
In his writings, the famous Greek physician Hippocrates discussed using silver to help heal wounds. Over the millennia, the idea of silver as an anti-bacterial agent has grown within the alternative and integrative health communities. Although not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), colloidal silver solutions have long been thought by some to be a natural antibiotic, effective in targeting bacteria and viruses. To make an appointment with a qualified healthcare practitioner and learn about colloidal silver IV therapy in Altamonte Springs, call (407) 456-8082 or contact Dr. Asim Rahman online.
What Is Colloidal Silver?
Colloidal silver is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in water. Colloidal silver supplements are measured and labeled as parts per million (ppm), meaning that for every million parts of water, there is a smaller amount of parts of silver.
According to a report written by Richard Davies and Samuel Etris of The Silver Institute in a 1996, it is believed that colloidal silver may help attack pathogens in three main ways:
- Catalytic oxidation: By holding onto oxygen molecules, silver may block the life-preserving cellular process known as cellular respiration
- Reaction with bacterial cell membranes: Silver may directly attach to bacteria cell membranes to prevent cellular respiration
- Binding with DNA: It is believed that silver can bind to DNA, preventing it from unwinding, which is an essential step in cellular replication
Is Colloidal Silver Safe for Medical Use?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the daily recommended intake of silver is .005/mg/kg, meaning that an average sized adult could safely drink up to an ounce of a 10-ppm silver product every day for their entire life without suffering any side effects. When used in specific ways, silver can provide certain medical benefits:
- Silver has been reliably demonstrated to be an antiseptic
- Silver can be used in medical bandages and dressings to treat burns, skin wounds, and skin infections
- Silver is an ingredient in some medicines that prevent swelling of the eye membranes (conjunctivitis, also called pink eye) in newborns
Silver is not a nutritionally essential mineral though, and while colloidal silver products were once available as over-the-counter drug products, the FDA ruled in 1999 that colloidal silver products are not considered safe or effective in medical practices. This is because too much silver in your body can cause irreversible bluish-colored skin (argyria), organ damage, and if you're pregnant, abnormal fetal development in your infant(s). While there are currently no FDA-approved medications containing silver that are taken by mouth, colloidal silver can still be bought and sold as homeopathic remedies and dietary supplements.
What Is Colloidal Silver IV Therapy Used to Treat?
While colloidal silver is not FDA-approved or recommended, some integrative and alternative medicine practitioners believe that intravenous (IV) colloidal silver treatments may be able to treat a number of conditions, including:
- Eye infections
- Scarlet fever
- Stomach ulcers
- Parasites such as malaria
- Funguses like ringworm
- Viruses such as HIV, herpes, shingles, and HPV
- Skin conditions such as rosacea, cradle cap, eczema, impetigo and psoriasis
- Inflammation triggered by the immune system
- Staphylococcus infections and methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
Colloidal Silver IV Therapy for Chronic Lyme Disease
Some alternative healthcare providers believe that the antiseptic effects of colloidal silver can be used to treat chronic Lyme disease. Lyme disease is caused when Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria are transmitted from ticks to humans through insect bites, and can be treated with a few weeks of antibiotics. Although not recognized as a medical diagnosis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), some healthcare providers use the term chronic Lyme disease to describe situations where Lyme disease-like symptoms - such as fatigue, restless sleep, and aches and pains in the joints or muscles - linger after Lyme disease treatment, or develop without proof of a previous Lyme disease infection. If you have Lyme disease, talk to your healthcare provider about what treatments may be best for you.
Colloidal Silver IV Therapy Dosing
While there is not enough scientific information to determine the appropriate range of doses for colloidal silver, several healthcare providers agree that a dose of colloidal silver solution that contains silver levels between 100-200 ppm is toxic. Instead, it is recommended that healthcare providers use colloidal silver solutions that contain levels between 10-30 ppm. Talk with your healthcare provider about what amount of IV colloidal silver you should receive during your treatment, and what the duration of your therapy should be.
Results of Colloidal Silver IV Therapy
Some alternative and integrative medical practitioners believe colloidal silver to have numerous health benefits, including:
- Treating antibiotic-resistant superbugs
- Acting as an anti-viral treatment
- Stimulating healing in the skin and other soft tissues
- Being an anti-inflammatory remedy
It is recommended that the following individuals do not undergo colloidal silver IV therapy:
- Those who are pregnant
- Patients on antibiotics
- Patients with cancer
- Patients with an allergy or sensitivity to silver
Side effects of colloidal silver IV therapy may include:
- Argyria, which can be made worse from sun exposure
- Abnormal fetal development - specifically affecting the ears, faces, and necks - if taken by pregnant individuals
- Organ damage
Talk to your healthcare provider about whether colloidal silver may be a safe and effective treatment for you.
Request More Information Today!
Though not approved by the FDA, many healthcare providers believe that silver can be used to treat a number of illnesses viral and bacterial illnesses. To make an appointment with a qualified healthcare practitioner and learn about colloidal silver IV therapy in Altamonte Springs, call (407) 456-8082 or contact Dr. Asim Rahman online.
Address4749 Hargrave St.
Orlando, FL 32803
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: By Appointment Only
Sun: By Appointment Only