Holistic Pediatrician in Glendale, CA
Holistic medicine is a form of alternative medicine in which all aspects of your health (body, mind, spirit and emotions) are considered when trying to get to the bottom of what is ailing you—this is in contrast to conventional medicine which only addresses and seeks to fix your present symptoms. Parents might find a holistic approach more appealing when caring for their children as compared to traditional pediatrics due to its comprehensive philosophy. You may benefit from a holistic pediatrician if you are:
- A parent who would like to expose your child to more natural methods of treating and preventing illness
- A parent who wants to maximize your child’s health
- A parent whose child has a chronic, recurrent or unexplained illness
Holistic Pediatricians’ Approach to Your Child’s Health
Children’s health is particularly vulnerable. Holistic pediatrics is a comprehensive approach to treating a child’s ailments using all-natural methods, safeguarding a child’s sustained health. Traditional pediatrics may rely on prescribing antibiotics, while a holistic approach will devote time to uncovering the root cause of your child’s illness or condition. This is particularly important when considering the delicacy of a child’s immune system in comparison to an adult’s; holistic pediatrics suggests avoiding the possibility for introducing pill dependency (if unnecessary) at a vulnerable age and instead introducing possible treatment alternatives.
A holistic pediatrician will aim to maximize the health of infants, children and adolescents through means alternative to traditional medicine. They believe:
- To help children vanquish illness, finding and correcting the root cause of what ails them is necessary.
- To support each child’s individual biochemistry and to properly remove toxins and pathogens, improving the child’s nutrition can restore balance and function of the child’s health.
- To establish and maintain good health over a lifetime, learning to appreciate and preserve one’s body is essential.
Do you believe that it is important to get to the bottom of what is ailing your child rather than shortsightedly responding to individual symptoms? Holistic pediatrics might be exactly what your child needs. To schedule a consultation with a qualified pediatrician in Glendale that specializes in holistic care, call (424) 365-1800 or contact Vitality Integrative Medicine online.
Holistic Pediatric Treatments
Holistic pediatricians will aim to correct deficiencies children are experiencing to enhance their body’s natural healing process. Typical treatment plans to achieve this effect could include:
- Nutritional plan: Healthy nutrition ensures your child’s systems are working at full capacity.
- Herbs: Herbs can equalize your child’s various systems. For instance, chamomile (popular in tea) can calm your child’s nerves, while Echinacea boosts the immune system to fend off colds.
- Detoxification: Environmental factors expose your child to toxins, and detoxification can rid your child’s system of these dangerous toxins.
- Acupuncture: For those who experience chronic pain, acupuncture releases endorphins that help reduce the perception of pain. Acupuncture is appropriate for children 5 and up, and for the more squeamish child, acupressure may be considered.
Your pediatrician may utilize the other following therapies in their holistic approach:
- Homeopathic medicine
- Botanical medicine
- Massage therapy
- Chriopractic care
Long-Term Health Benefits of Holistic Care
While traditional pediatrics cares for the immediate health needs of infants, children and adolescents, starting your child with holistic care can have long-term health benefits that stretch into adulthood. In particular, children with chronic medical conditions can experience long-term relief with holistic approaches, including those children with:
- GI conditions/nutritional deficiencies
If your child has an unexplained condition that conventional medicine cannot seem to solve, a holistic approach might be just what your child needs. Holistic pediatricians prioritize a child’s health as well as their parents’ choices on the child’s behalf, devoting time to understanding parents’ opinions and concerns. Schedule a consultation with a qualified holistic pediatrician in Glendale to optimize your child’s health! Call (424) 365-1800 or contact Vitality Integrative Medicine online.
Vitality Integrative Medicine
Address4849 Van Nuys Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm