Holistic Treatment for Bladder Dysfunction in Pelican Bay - Naples, FL
Can’t urinate and empty your bladder? It may be bladder dysfunction, also known as voiding dysfunction. This may be an embarrassing, painful problem, but it’s also a potentially serious one that—if left untreated—could eventually cause organ system failure.
Bladder dysfunction differs from an overactive bladder or urinary incontinence in that the trouble is getting the urine out, not keeping it in.
Symptoms of Bladder Dysfunction
- A sudden, powerful urge to urinate
- Needing to urinate often
- Needing to frequently urinate at night
- Difficulty urinating
- Decreased force in urinating
- Can’t empty bladder completely
- Numerous, frequent urinary tract infections
Possible Causes of Bladder Dysfunction
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Pelvic surgery
- Interstitial cystitis
- Muscle relaxers
- Antihistamines (allergy medications)
- Calcium channel blockers (CCB) (used to treat migraines, high blood pressure, etc.)
How is Bladder Dysfunction Diagnosed?
The first step in diagnosing bladder dysfunction is ruling out other possible causes. Bladder dysfunction can mimic several other conditions, including:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Central cord syndrome (CCS)
- Spina bifida
- Unitary outflow obstruction (bladder stones)
- Cervical disc disease
- Lumbar spondylolysis
- Brown-Sequard syndrome (spinal cord lesion)
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
Holistic Treatment Options for Bladder Dysfunction
Treatments for bladder dysfunction can range from acupuncture to homeopathic remedies. Some of the options include:
- Acupuncture therapy
- Far infrared thermal therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Homeopathic/Botanical medicine
- Anti-candida protocol
- Nutritional support
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
- Trigger point therapy
- Bladder instillations
No matter the cause, bladder dysfunction can be a serious, embarrassing and painful experience, but treatment is just a phone call away. Be sure to inform your holistic professional of all medications and homeopathic remedies you’re taking as interaction can occur.
Request more information about Holistic Treatment for Bladder Dysfunction today. Call (941) 845-6555 or contact Insight to Health & Wellness, Inc. online.
Insight to Health & Wellness, Inc.
Address694 8th Street North
Naples, FL 34102
Areas We Service:Collier County, FL, North Naples, FL, Naples Manor, FL, Naples Park, FL, Park Shore, FL, Pelican Bay, FL, Vineyards, FL, Vanderbilt Beach, FL, Coco River, FL, Golden Gate, FL, Naples, FL, Vanderbilt, FL