Natural Hair Loss Treatment in Toluca Lake, CA
According to the American Hair Loss Association, over 85 percent of American men experience hair loss by the time they reach fifty, with two-thirds losing their hair in their thirties.
While most people think of male-pattern baldness when they think of hair loss, women make up 40 percent of hair loss sufferers.
Hair loss is on the rise overall and age of onset is getting younger. Many believe that stress, overuse of harsh dyes and hairstyling products, and exposure to hormone-disrupting chemicals play a role in causing hair loss.
If you want to avoid the side effects of conventional hair loss treatments or are looking for an alternative non-surgical treatment for hair loss, schedule a consultation with a qualified healthcare practitioner in Toluca Lake who specializes in natural hair loss treatment.
Call (424) 365-1800 or contact Dr. Jeremy Fischer online.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Hereditary male-pattern baldness is the most common cause of hair loss, but hormonal imbalances, stress, and diseases like hypothyroidism or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) have also been found to frequently cause hair loss.
In addition, the following conditions can play a role in the onset of your hair loss:
- Nutritional deficiencies (e.g., iron, vitamin D, biotin, zinc, etc.)
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals in food and environment
- Excessive hairstyling (blow-drying, straightening, curling, teasing, braiding, etc.)
- Certain medical conditions like diabetes, PCOS or thyroid disease
- Certain beta blockers used to treat high blood pressure
- Cessation of hormonal birth control
- Post-menopausal baldness
- Post-pregnancy hair loss
Natural Hair Loss Remedies
The following natural hair loss remedies have been recommended for both their ability to combat hair loss and promote hair regrowth:
- Scalp massage or acupuncture to restore circulation and trigger hair growth
- Essential oils rubbed into scalp, such as rosemary, spikenard, lavender, thyme, cedarwood, sage and peppermint
- Topical scalp applications of Indian gooseberry, onion juice, potato juice, fenugreek, licorice root, coconut milk or aloe vera gel
- Homeopathic remedies like floricum acidum, phosphorus, calcarea carbonica, vinca minor, graphites, Mezereum, and Silicea
- Dietary modifications to incorporate more nutrients that help improve scalp health and hair growth
When used in combination with therapies which address the root cause of your hair loss - such as hormone replacement therapy to correct a hormone imbalance - you can both treat hair loss and prevent further hair loss.
What is a Healthy Diet to Promote Hair Growth?
When examining your diet as it relates to hair loss, look at common nutritional deficiencies linked to hair loss or hormonal imbalance.
Foods you should avoid include:
- Trans fats
- Genetically-modified foods or non-organic foods high in hormone-disrupting pesticide residue
- Sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners
- Processed or fast foods
- Canned foods (especially tomato products)
Instead, create a diet filled with foods that can help promote hair growth, such as:
- Fish like sardines, salmon, and anchovies, which are high in omega-3 fatty acids
- Healthy fats found in coconut oil and avocado oil
- Foods rich in zinc like lamb, oysters, and pumpkin seeds
- Seeds like hemp, pumpkin, chia, sesame and flaxseed
- Biotin-rich foods like grass-fed beef and chicken, almonds, sweet potatoes, beans, and egg yolks
- Bone broth
- Green tea
- High antioxidant fruits and vegetables like berries, plums, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, onions, and broccoli
Vitamins for Hair Loss
Certain vitamin deficiencies are well-known for causing hair loss, and certain herbal remedies have been used for centuries to slow or reverse hair loss. Incorporating the following herbal supplements and vitamins for hair loss may be helpful:
- B vitamins like biotin and B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin D3 with K2
- Fish oil
- Saw palmetto
- Stinging nettle
Before taking a dietary supplement, talk with your healthcare provider, who can evaluate nutritional deficiencies and current medications to make sure that your vitamins are properly dosed for safety and effectiveness.
How Can I Prevent Hair Loss?
Prevention and early treatment of hair loss is important, as advanced hair loss cannot always be reversed. There are steps you can take to prevent hair loss, including:
- Keeping your stress level down
- Avoiding medication with side effects that cause hair loss
- Controlling blood sugar
- Avoiding over-styling and coloring your hair
- Using natural hair products that do not contain sulfates or parabens
- Supplementing diet with vitamins and herbs listed above
- Regularly massaging your scalp with essential oils like rosemary
- Taking multivitamins after pregnancy
- Avoiding hormonal birth control
These natural remedies for hair loss can be a safe and effective way to slow or even reverse hair loss. Request more information about natural hair loss treatments today. Call (424) 365-1800 or contact Dr. Jeremy Fischer online.
Vitality Integrative Medicine
Address4849 Van Nuys Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm